Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's Just Me

You guys! How is it Thursday already?! We're about to embark on another weekend & I haven't even told you about last weekend! It was so awesome too! Here's some highlights:

Friday

We went to visit my uncle in the hospital. He's doing a lot better. He still has a long road to recovery, but he's really lucky. Here's the text my cousin got from her mom yesterday:


& she just posted this one of her dad at home:



----------


We went to the mall where we blocked in by another car:



We're the Subaru.

Confession time: I'm a terrible driver. I mean, seriously. The. Worst. But I have never purposely blocked another car in a parking spot. When Red Car finally got out there to move her vehicle, she was mad at us! In what world is that our fault?

----------

Saturday




Concert time! We went to see Josh Thompson at The Dusty Armadillo in Rootstown, Ohio. I absolutely adore Josh & try to see him live as much as possible. I also adore The Dusty Armadillo & the Rootstown area in general. It's just far enough away from home to feel like a vacation, yet close enough to feel like home. Does that make sense?

The concert was so great. Sydney Hutchko opened the show. She was awesome. She sang some originals & did some awesome covers of "Hell on Heels", "Mama's Broken Heart" & "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" where she did a spot on Jessica Simpson impersonation! It was hilarious!



Josh was great as always. He sang a bunch of new songs from his forthcoming album. It was great to hear the new stuff. He also played his hits from his album "Way Out Here". He really knows how to get the crowd going. His band also participates with the audience, which is really cool. He did a great cover of "Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde". 

I wish I had more photos, but I misplaced my camera cord so all I have are cell phone pictures! I don't have any phone pics of Sydney Hutchko, either, but check out her site. She's gorgeous!

We left immediately after the concert. I was absolutely exhausted because I was awake since 5am! I work mornings, so I'm awake that early even on my days off! We got back to the hotel at about midnight & fell right asleep. I slept really good, which is unusual for me anymore. We hit up the free hotel breakfast on Sunday morning & were back home by 10:30AM. It was awesome!

--------

This week has been flying by. It's the same routine: Work. Quick Dinner. TV. Sleep. Repeat! I'm off work tomorrow, so that's nice! It's also Snow City out my way, so not having to drive in it absolutely rocks. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment