Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Heavy Heart

My heart is heavy today.

One of my mom’s goats is sick.

I’m a huge animal lover & when she got these goats, I bonded with them hardcore.  Mom has raised goats forever, but the last goats were different.  They’re fainting goats & just generally nervous.  It took me a long time of being around them before they would even let me pet them.  They’ve come such a long way & it breaks my heart that one of them is not well.

My mom called the vet yesterday & she’s making a farm call today to see what’s wrong with the goat, Barney.  The vet said that it could possibly be an incurable/fatal disease & that Barney will die.  I can’t deal.  He’s such a good goat & has come such a long way for it to end like this.  My stomach has been in knots all day just thinking about him.

barney

No comments:

Post a Comment