Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Grocery Issues



One of the major “adult” things I struggle with is grocery shopping.  Here are the top three things I struggle with:

1.  I don’t plan out meals in advance:  I’ll just grab a ton of things at the store & hope for the best.  I’m so messed up that I don’t even really have staples that I buy.  I have a love/hate relationship with milk and eggs.  I buy them, but then I’m dumping the milk down the drain and throwing the eggs away, so then I don’t buy them and really need them for something!

2.  I don’t have all of the ingredients for anything:  The problem with grabbing a ton of random things at the store is that I don’t have every single ingredient for anything.  Like I’ll have everything for tacos except the meat!  Or I’ll have pasta and no sauce or something.

3.  I’m a fruit & veggies person…except I’m not:  I’m all up in the produce section, picking up fruits and veggies that I’m totally going to eat…except I don’t.  By the time I’m ready to eat them, they’ve turned to mush in the fridge.  I’ve gotten way better at this because I just stopped buying fresh produce altogether, but some times I’ll slip up and end up with a fridge full of rotten produce.  I looked at some cut fruit I picked up and was surprised to find it wasn’t out of date!  I was so proud!

I totally wish I could be like Danielle from Blissful and Domestic.  She’s the best at everything frugal.  I found her blog a few years ago  through an AOL story and got super inspired.  Her family lived off $14,000 a year.  I really like some of her grocery tips, like shopping once a month & freezing  whatever you can to make it last.  If only I can muster the willpower to get this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment