Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Quitting The Internet



Every single day I read something that makes me want to quit the Internet.

I was lucky to grow up in a time that was Internetless. My childhood was spent outside. My school days were full and then I went home and didn't have to worry about being bullied through a computer screen. I didn't have to worry about getting a #sponsoredpost in my paper diary. I connected with my friends at their houses, not over texts.

Don't get my wrong, I love the Internet, but sometimes it's just out there and in my face. Everything is so accessible and I realize that I too am a part of it. With this blog, my voice is extremely edited. The things that I've seen others write? Not so much. At least once a day I find myself side-eying something someone wrote.

Even though I fantasize about quitting the Internet, I know I'll never quit it.  I'll always be around in some form or another.  I love a good #trainwreckinprogress even if I'm on this one.

Also, if being on the Internet is a mistake, I can totally file it under 'not learning from my mistakes'. Also, if I keep adding to that file, it is going to be the biggest file I've ever seen in my life. I should make an entire series on the mistakes I haven't learned from. It would probably be an entire blog, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment