Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oh Deer

A couple years ago, I hit a deer with my car. It went something like this:
 
 


There's also another drawing of the Highway Patrolman killing the deer, but I sadly didn't take a picture of it.

I hit an eight point buck at around 40MPH. I saw the deer about 3 seconds before impact so, thankfully, I didn't have time to swerve. I did start braking, but it was too late.

Here's what my car looked like:




I'm telling you this because, for me, this was something that happened to me one time over two years ago. For my dad, on the other hand, hitting deer seems to be his jam these days.

He's hit three deer in the past 6 months with the same car. His car has been slowly getting more jacked up with each deer event. He only has liability insurance on it, so he's been driving it like it is. Granted, it wasn't that bad; just some minor bumper damage. Well, that was until last week, when this happened:



He hit a deer going 70MPH on the highway and he still drove to work (and back) with it looking like that! Sad thing is, the car still runs great! He's looking into getting a hood and bumper and fixing it up... so he can (probably) hit some more deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment