Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Simple Two Ingredient Applesauce

applesauce

I kind of made this recipe by accident last week.  Barney still isn’t doing too well, and I wanted to make him something special to eat.  I had some McIntosh apples hanging out in my fridge that were getting kind of old, so I thought I would make him some applesauce.  I cut up some apples and put them in a saucepan with some water and let them cook on various heats (my favorite is high) until applesauce formed.  When it was done, I tried some for myself and found that it was absolutely delicious!  The recipes I looked up had sugar added to them but since I was making this for a goat, I didn’t want to add sugar.  It’s definitely still yummy without the sugar. 

applesauce1

Ingredients:
- Apples (I used McIntosh)
- Water

Directions:
- Core, peel and dice apples
- Place in saucepan and add enough water to cover
- Cook on medium heat until mushy

I’m still not any better on directions!  I wrote the ingredients/directions like that because you can make as little or as much as you want, depending on how many apples you use.

applesauce2

No comments:

Post a Comment