Monday, October 27, 2014

Papa

My husband and I were browsing the local library last week when we came across a book about our county from 1985.  I guess it was kind of like the “Who’s who” of the county, with different families and their history.  I was just browsing along when I came across this:

papa

The man standing at the far left is my grandpa, Papa.  In his youth, he was in a band with his family.  Those are his two brothers and sister there with him.  There were also two pages written about our family.  I found out that my great-great grandfather, Peter, came to New York from Austria and my great-great grandmother, Julia, came later from Yugoslavia.  Peter and Julia met because Peter was friends with Julia’s brother.

I got really excited when I saw that picture of Papa.  He passed away in 2006 and I was surprised to find a picture of him in a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment