Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Map THIS!

detroit

My parents keep all of my report cards in a lockbox in their bedroom.  Some time ago, I was creeping in there for something and got detoured down Memory Lane for a while with the report cards.

The elementary report cards are my favorites, because the teacher wrote things on the back.  One of the things that I read was that I needed to continue practicing how to read a map because that was an area in which I was struggling.

Fast forward twenty years and I just fire up Google Maps on my phone and I’m ready to go!  The days of reading an actual paper map are coming to a close, I believe.  If only they knew that in elementary school, maybe I could have been taught more useful skills, such as small talk and how not to be so awkward.

For the record, I can now read a map.  I once guided my friend to a location 4 hours away only by map.  I also guided my husband on a couple of road trips by atlas alone.   I also once guided my husband to go around the same roads like five times because I misunderstood the GPS.  So there’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment