Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chili

If only my picture taking could be as good as this chili!


As you know by my incredibly easy recipes, I’m not a chef.  Not even close. 

Yesterday, I wanted to make chili.  But how?  How do you do it?  I think chili is one of those recipes that everyone does differently.  It’s also one of those things that my mom cleverly sticks venison in.  Fun fact:  mom took a slow cooker Sloppy Joe to a family party once and excitedly tried to get everyone to try it and guess the secret ingredient.  I jokingly said “Is it deer meat?!”.  Aaand it was.  My family gets as weird as I do about venison.

So, back to the chili.  I cooked some hamburger meat (beef) and then put it into a pot with beans, diced tomatoes and corn.  Then I added about a million secret ingredients and called it a day.

It was the best chili I’ve ever had in my life.

I told my husband about it and he was all “You only think that it’s the best because you made it.”.  Then he had some of it and commented that it was the best chili that he’s ever had in his life.

Sometimes I get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment