Friday, December 12, 2014

Online, I’m Mysterious



I have such a love/hate relationship with this blog.

As I’ve mentioned briefly before, a couple years ago I used to have another blog.  That blog was way more anonymous.  I loved being anonymous because I could basically say and do whatever I wanted.  No one knew who I was in real life and it was awesome…for a while.

This blog?  rockin2thesound? People know that.  I’ve been @rockin2thesound on twitter forever. I’ve tweeted to and met people in person because of that platform.  People that I actually know in real life follow my tweets. I’m sure sometimes they read this blog because I tweet links to my blog posts on occasion.  That’s why it’s so difficult for me to let go on here.  When I write, I’m thinking in the back of my mind that someone I know might read it.  That’s not necessarily a bad thing because being an a-hole online isn’t my jam anymore.  Even though I still want to be the child, I feel like I’ve grown up a lot and adults don’t go around being a-holes on the internet.

I love this blog because it’s more of who I am, but I hate it because, well, it’s more of who I am.  Putting myself out there is difficult.  I think that’s why I haven’t really posted a ton of stuff here.  Being real just gets too real sometimes.  I also have to remember that my page views suck, so a ton of people aren’t reading this anyway!

What I’m trying to say is that I’m going to try to blog more often and get outside my comfort zone just a little without being an a-hole on the internet!  Let’s see how that goes!

Also, you should just read this post by Nicole.  She said all of this way better than I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment